Wednesday, February 11, 2009

SNOW!


I get a few moments between tempos.



A view from mile 15, yep you come up that road you see below.



SNOW nearing mile 10



Yep thats right, snow! A big ol storm rolled through Tucson dumping snow on the surrounding mountains. Lemmon was closed to cyclist for two days. Lucky for me however,the day I had to lay my watt powered assult upon the beast, it opened back up. SWEET!

So a little detail on the assult. First Nick and I rolled to mile mark 1 and then we stomped it, full out, as hard as we could go for 10 minutes. Very quickly the jersey was unzipped as we mashed our pedals deeper into the pain cave. Just past mile mark 3 our first effort came to an end. Back down the mountain we went, only to go back up...just as hard. The second all out effort was a little slower but hurt just as badly.

Now that both efforts was over, I had two 25 min tempos to complete. Oh the joy of training. But much to my delight tempo didn't feel nearly as bad as I thought it would, and by mile 9 I had snow to enjoy. Why is there snow in Tucson? I could have stayed in Seattle for that. However it is true that I have nowhere near the layers needed to ride here as I would back at home.

Ahh what an enjoyable day. Tomorrow brings five hours of endurance, sweeeeet.

Here's a quick look at some of today's power, let me know if this interests anyone at all. If not you wont have to see it again.


Remove Formatting from selection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers